Saturday, April 30, 2016

Nungu Smoothie / Ice Apple Smoothie #Summercooler


   For this month's Shhhh secretly cooking the theme was smoothie . I was paired with Annam Senthilkumar . She gave me fig and milk. I searched in the shops and the shopkeeper says it comes in a week. This happened throughout this month. 

   I was confident that I will get fig and make the smoothie. The month ended and May started. Today May 1st , Annam messaged me why I haven't posted the smoothie and asked whether I got fig or not. I replied her , I didn't get fig. She gave me another ingredient as Nungu / Ice apple.




  I immediately asked my mom to buy Nungu and made this quick smoothie.





Requirements : 

Nungu / Ice apple - 2 no

Boiled and cooled milk - 1/2 cup

Brown sugar / Nattu Sakkarai - 1 tbs






Method : 

Remove the white skin on the top of the flesh of Nungu and chop into small pieces.

Add the Nungu pieces , Brown sugar and milk to a blender and blend till smooth.

Referigerate for ten minutes and serve.


                     

Serve by sprinkling chopped Ice apple on top.


Note : 

Cane sugar can be used . As i used brown sugar , the taste will be different and it gives a brownish colour to smoothie.

Flavouring agents like rose milk , cardamom , saffron can be used.

6 comments:

  1. so so creamy and tasty.. refreshing too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharanya, thank you for introducing me to a new fruit. Never heard of ice apple. Do you think its available in Bangalore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ask in fruit shops for Taale Hannu or Taale ningu - Kanada name of Ice apple. May be you can get in Rural side........Now is the season for ice apple , it will be available till june.......

      Delete
    2. Ice apple is abundantly available in Bangalore. I did lot of recipes with ice apple.It is available roadside fruit vendor in Indra nagar.

      Delete
  3. Brown sugar gave extra richness to the smoothie.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VALUABLE COMMENT.