Friday, August 28, 2015

Palada Pradhaman – Onam Special



  Happy onam to all the readers and followers ,




  I thought of posting onam recipe on this auspicious day. So , I choose to post a sweet dish. 
    Everyone know that onam sadhya consists of many varities of pradhaman / payasam.  Of all the pradhamans -  paladapradaman is  unique and a common dish in sadhya.
   I made this paladapradhaman with homemade ada. I  followed the recipe which I saw in a Malayalam channel long before I started blogging.
    I had never tasted it before , but was eager to make this pradhaman. It is not possible till yesterday, yesterday , I made fresh ada and made this paladapradhaman.

   I will share the preparation of ada soon , though there are many recipes to prepare ada in the blogosphere , I want to post my preparation of ada as it will be in my memory……..






   The pradhaman was so delicious and flavorful. Little angel  Akshara liked it  too…….

Requirements :
Homemade Ada - ½ cup
Full fat milk - 2 cups
Water - 1¼ cup
Condensed milk - ½ tin / 200 gms / 4 tbs
Sugar - 2 tbsp optional
Cashew -  5 -6 nos
Crushed cardamom - 1
Ghee - ½ tbsp.

Method :
  In a pressure cooker , add together milk , water and    condensed milk , mix well.
  To this add the homemade ada and mix well.
  When the contents boil , close the lid and cook for two whistles .  Take  off from flame and let the pressure drops.
Check whether ada is cooked , add the sugar if needs extra sweetness.
Heat ghee in a pan and fry the  split cashews till golden brown, add this to the payasam along with crushed cardamom.
Serve hot, warm or chilled.



Chef’s suggestion :

If you want to substitute condensed milk with sugar, add ¾ cup of sugar. Sugar must be added after the ada are cooked well.

It can be stored in the fridge for 3 days. We finished off on the same day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VALUABLE COMMENT.